No, this is not a pizza with triple cheese and piled high with pepperoni.
I admit I had pizza 4 times consecutively this week…and that I have not weighed myself afterwards. I don’t know what made me want to make pizza for the fourth time (the calling of random cured meats from the grocery store?)…but I am so glad I did because the results were utterly drool-worthy.
And it only takes 12 minutes to bake.
- 1 Boboli© pizza crust, thin crust
- 1 packet of Boboli© pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup Linguica sausage, pre-cooked and sliced thin into 1/8 slices.
- 1/3 cup Salami, pre-sliced, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 Capacolla, hot , pre-sliced, and cut into bite-size pieces. Minimal marbling.
- 3-4 bella mushrooms, sliced, and torn into halves or thirds.
- 1.5 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 4-5 large basil leaves
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, grated.
Note: the meat should be gently packed into the cup. Vary the amount and proportions of the meat based on your preferences. Just make sure not to pile on too much otherwise the pizza will sink!
- Preheat over to 450 F
- Wrap the linguica sausage in a few paper towels and microwave for 40-50 seconds. Remove from microwave and press gently to extract any additional oil (this step prevents the pizza from getting too greasy)
- Spread pizza sauce over the crust and evenly distribute the cheese.
- Evenly distribute the meats, mushrooms, oregano and fennel seeds.
- Bake directly on the oven rack for 12 minutes.
- While pizza bakes, layer the basil leaves on top of each other and roll them into a tight funnel. Slice the basil into thin strips.
- Garnish pizza with basil and serve.