Fried rice – Mediterranean style!
Whether this is an authentic Mediterranean dish or not? Good question. It does have Mediterranean-ish ingredients though!
I tend to like my pasta or rice smothered and covered in everything but pasta or rice – can you tell?
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Cook orzo according to box instructions
2. Heat 1 tbs olive oil and saute coriander, salt, and pepper until fragrant. Add lamb and cook until evenly browned. Remove from heat and drain.
3. In a large bowl, mix spinach, tomatoes, lemon juice and zest, parsley, green onions, and remaining olive oil. Toss with orzo, lamb, and feta cheese to serve.