The season is getting colder and it’s time to bring out one of my favorite spice mixture: pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, cloves or allspice, ginger, and nutmeg). Sure you could make it…but you can also buy it pre-mixed!
I only made this because I’ve been feasting on a huge bag of candy corn (darn discounted Halloween candy!) and figured I should eat something more…natural? Sorta? Ok…maybe not. The apartment at least smelled better!
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves (here I go promoting Costco again – they sell huge bags of nuts for a decent price!)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A few dashes of pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes