Untainted Chocolate Covered Strawberries
This recipe is just chocolate and strawberries. A lot of recipes call for the addition of butter, shortening, or vanilla when creating the chocolate covering – trust me, you don’t need it.
A word from the greedy:
You may want to save these strawberries for days on end but these beauties will start to juice if they have been in the fridge for too long. I’ve noticed the juicing starts about 24 hours later (if not earlier).
Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate (the red package)
Minced coconut or oreo crumbs (optional)
- Wash and pat dry strawberries
- Break apart the chocolate into individual cubes and melt in a double boiler set on medium heat
- When the chocolate is about half-way melted, throw in some dark chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips) -> this step is optional but the dark chocolate gives it more flavor
- Turn heat down a few notches and roll or dip the strawberries in the chocolate.
- Dip strawberries in additional toppings and place strawberries on a wax-lined cookie tray.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.