100% Soft and chewy goodness…..what more is there to say?
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
Don’t be rebellious. Learn from my mistakes or risk….flat, flat cookies. No gel or padding can save these cookies ;)
- Do not completely melt the butter. If you were too generous with the time in the microwave, put it back in the fridge and let it firm up! I’ve found just letting the butter sit out for awhile is perfect
- If you bake in batches, put the leftover dough in the fridge while the previous batch is baking. This will allow the cookies to retain their shape better – no more flat cookies!
- Don’t expect any crisp corners, these cookies are just soft and chewy. If you’re looking for one with crisp corners, visit the recipe labeled Chocolate Chip Cookies – Perfected recipe.
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown